Monday, January 22, 2007

Welcome to the Gaming Trend MMO Blog

Good afternoon, and I would like to take this opportunity to welcome everyone to the Gaming Trend MMO blog. Why a blog, you might ask? The point of this blog is more to talk about what MMOs we're playing, and our thought processes while playing them. We'll be talking about the games that we're reviewing as well as games in beta (when they're not under NDA, of course).

Mainly, it's to give us another outlet to bring you information that may not necessarily fit on the front page of Gaming Trend or something that we may not want to get lost in the forums.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Jason Ballew or Zarkon in the forums. I've been playing MMOs off and on since right around the time Asheron's Call came out. I've either played or beta tested every major MMO that's come out (and many of the minor ones). I've also written previews for two for GT (for RF Online and Dark and Light) and two reviews (Archlord and RYL: Path of the Emperor). I've been doing gaming in general since about 1982 (Atari 2600) and PC gaming since 1985 (Pool of Radiance), and internet gaming since 1991 (LPMuds and Mushes).

With all of that said, sit back and relax, and let the games begin!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's a question for you - did you beta test for Neocron? Because I sure did!

And what a steaming pile it was... yipes.

ZarkonGT said...

Yes, I beta tested Neocron. It wasn't so much a bad game in my opinion as it was ... extremely confusing to play.

From what I recall, it went on to small to moderate success in Europe, which was why Neocron II was only published there.

Destructor said...

Didn't Dark and Light vanish before it ever launched? I thought it did, but I'm not too sure.

ZarkonGT said...

Actually...expect some news on that front in the near future.